Monday 9 October 2017

Not Connected, a dinner party, a cold, a temper tantrum and a sachet of Lemsip got me spanked

How's that for a title, I've never had one so long. In fact I don't think I've ever seen one so long. Anyway it's all true in and it's all connected as I shall explain. The only thing I left out was my husband who, I believe, was responsible me getting the cold as he only shook off one himself a few days ago. Anyway the whole lot conspired to get me spanked this morning, hard on my bare backside, after I'd cleared up the kitchen and a few other things and showered.

So I'll tell you why the the temper tantrum came about first because that was what triggered the spanking. You see we've been virtually without broadband for a fortnight despite assurances from our useless service provider and installing some new hardware and it is very frustrating (to say the least), I mean you can get by just about using phones, but it's not the same and some devices won't work that way, or at least not unless you're technically minded. I have told P he should just insist on a new line but he says we have to give them a chance although I think this weekend he's had about enough and will be reading the riot act to them in the coming days. It's easy to say sharp words when you're pissed off because your music suddenly stops or you can't watch a movie or use the printer and I'll admit I've used a few.

Added to that, a cold makes you feel a bit down with all the sniffling and sneezing, and we had a small dinner party to prepare for Saturday night and I had undertaken to make a nice dessert, one I'd seen on Masterchef actually, for which they didn't publish a recipe so I was ad-libbing and it wasn't quite working out. I was sharing kitchen space with P too, and he had a fair bit of prep to do so wasn't really paying attention to my creative efforts until he heard a loud "Oh fuck it I give up!" He stopped what he'd been doing and came over to see what was wrong and I told him my eggs were refusing to mix with the butter and I wasn't going to do the dessert after all (it was small tartlets of poached pear frangipane for the record) and I would just go out and buy something, there was enough time. He said nonsense, start over again but don't over melt the butter just soften it. I said OK but then found we didn't have enough eggs left so one of us would have to go out anyway. Feeling sorry for myself I asked, "Why, when I plan to do something different do things go wrong and I get a damn cold as well and I cant print the little joke name-places because the fucking printer isn't working and I'd just as soon phone them and cancel the evening...blah blah..!"

P wasn't impressed but he was calm. He put his arm round my shoulder and said I should just pop out and get half a dozen eggs and we'd have it sorted in no time and everything would be ready with time to spare. So I went and got the eggs and P did stand with me while I blended the frangipane and it all worked out and we had an enjoyable evening albeit with me under the weather. And my poached pear frangipane was a success!

Onto Sunday morning and I was still obviously bunged up with the cold, P asked how I felt and I told him I'd been up a couple of times in the night to take nasal spray so not great. He went and mixed me a lemsip, it was double strength, I don't like them much but he told me it would perk me up and help dry the sniffles too. He was right, it did the trick and I felt pretty good after half an hour or so. I took my shower after finishing the jobs I wanted to and when I came out and into the bedroom, P was sitting on the bed.

"How are you feeling now?" he asked.

"I'm good, thank you," I said, wary of him being where he was, sitting on the bed right in the place I always sit to dry my hair. " I need to get in there, I'm dripping." He could see I was, I only had a bath sheet wrapped around me and my hair was leaving splashes on the carpet.

"Excellent," said my husband, "you'll be well enough for me to have a few words with you about yesterday afternoon then. Come here."

"Oh no P, please, it'll make the bed wet, I don't need words I've only just had a shower, the evening went well, I think the lemsip is wearing off..."

P stood and leaned forward, took my arm and guided me across his lap with him sitting askew so that my upper body was mostly on the bed and my toes just tipping the floor. He said he knew the evening had gone well but he didn't appreciate my little outburst in the afternoon and he didn't like seeing me get upset and feeling sorry for myself and he didn't like me denigrating myself and if he'd given up on doing things in the kitchen over the years every time things went wrong we'd have been eating lots of pizzas, but that's not what you do. Then he pulled the bath sheet up over my bottom and started spanking me. He did it hard and spankings after a shower always have an extra glow to them anyway. He lectured me some more as he did it and everything he said was true and I knew it and ended up apologising.

He let me up and told me I was a luck girl, if I hadn't had a cold he would have spanked me immediately after my outburst yesterday, and a damned sight harder, and then made me go to get the eggs with tears in my eyes and a sore backside.

I thought oh god, if only he always carried through on threats like that but I didn't actually say it.

Wishing all our Canadian friends a Happy Thanksgiving.

Have a good week everyone.

Ronnie
xx

15 comments:

Blondie said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Glad that the weekend wasn't too bad. The dessert sounded delicious

an English Rose said...

Hi Ronnie, Hope you feel better soon. I think you were heroic attempting to make a new dessert while poorly anyway ;)
love Jan, xx

Roz said...

Hi Ronnie, gosh, that is some title lol. I'm sorry you are under the weather and hope you are feeling better soon. The desert sounds amazing! Glad it worked out and that the dinner party was a success. I'm with Jan, I think it was brave of you too.

Love how P stepped in and helped, and I don't just mean the spanking. I would have reacted the same way as you under the circumstances. Scrappy would definitely have come out to play lol

Hugs
Roz

Hermione said...

Ronnie, I have a Mary Berry recipe for pear frangipane tart that I printed off some time ago but never tried. I must do it while pears are still plentiful.

Ron gave me his cold too, so I know exactly how you feel!

Hugs,
Hermione

Aimless Rambling said...

You and P have such fun together - your real life is better than my stories. Your dessert sounded delish and one of these days I might have to try it.
Also what is lemsip. I think I probably know what it is - it's what Ray calls a google moogle.
Happy things got settled nicely and the dinner party was a success.

Ella said...

As I have just set out all the ingredients on the kitchen counter to try a new dessert recipe, I read your post with interest. Sam is off at work, so if there are any mishaps, I will just chuck the whole thing and buy some ice cream.

Yes, we need the Lemsip recipe, Ronnie. Cold and flu season is almost upon us.

Hugs Across the Pond,
Ella

Katie said...

Hi Ronnie,:) I do hope that you are feeling much better by now! I looked up Lemsip and I think that it is a very smart way to deliver meds to help one feel better- vs. taking a tablet or two. I wonder if we have something like that here.

I love how P gave you a day to feel better, and then delivered his very loving spanky message. You have such a great guy there! I also loved how he was right there by your side while you repeated the butter with the eggs. Sounds like a fab dessert. Please send some my way! LOL!

Great post and a fun, lengthy title too! You made me LOL about the thought that you had about P's threats too. Love it! Hope that you and P have a great week! Many hugs,

<3 Katie

PK Corey said...

P is so good to you and you are a wonderful wife - cooking and experimenting, two things I don't do in the kitchen. I hope your cold is nearly gone now. I don't know what a lemsip or a google is. Enlightening me someone.

Rosie Jones said...

Ronnie, I hope you are getting better. Have you tried Beechams All in One capsules? I much prefer them to Lemsip. I love pear frangipane tart, my sister-in-law makes a fabulous one, brave of you to try something new when you weren’t feeling well. All in all though, it sounds as though your weekend was more good than bad.
Rosie xx

Glenmore said...

Nothing like a good spanking to cure a cold! Looks like it worked for you Ronnie.

Cat said...

Sorry you've been under the weather, Ronnie. I do understand that when you don't feel well, every little thing that goes wrong seems twice as bad. Happy P was able to reign you in. Sending prayers and healing energy for you.

Hugs and blessings...Cat

ronnie said...

Blondie - Thank you. Can't seem to shake it off:( Dessert is lovely.

Jan - Thanks. I told friends I was making a dessert and didn't really want to let them down.

Roz - Thanks. I couldn't think of a smaller title:) Dessert turned out better than I thought.

Hermione - Hope your cold is better. I saw Mary Berry's receipe, sounds lovely. These were individual tarts - shortcrust pastry, whole poached pear in the middle and the frangipane spooned around it and baked in oven. Thanks.

SG -Thanks. Your stories are the best, don't forget that. Lemsip is a cold/flu remedy that you mix with hot water.

Ella - Thanks. I hope your dessert was a success. Sorry no recipe - Lemsip is a branded cold/flu powder which you can buy over the counter, chemists and supermarkets. You mix it with hot water. don't like it much. You can get it in lemon and blackcurrant flavour. If I have a cold sometimes P will boil lemonade and lemons and put a splash of whisky in, doesn't help the cold much but makes you feel good:)

Kate - Thanks. I've developed a cough with it now:( I would have liked to have been spanked there and then, sent to get the eggs and finish the dessert:)

PK - P is the one who cooks for dinner parties. Lemsip helps with colds/flu, you mix it with hot water.

Rosie - Thanks. Cold is lingering. I'll try the Beechams tabs. I'll definitely make another frangipane.

The Glenmore - Not quite gone. Thanks.

Cat - Thank you. Thankfully I don't get cold very often.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

morningstar said...

I think you must have left the cold bug on my blog -- I feel dreadful

Fortunately Sir Steve doesn't spank for temper tantrums caused by mystery bugs... (grinning)

hope you feel better soon :)

Lindy Thomas said...

Hope you're feeling better now Ronnie. Glad your dinner party and your dessert turned out well. Ouch for a spanking after a shower.
Hugs Lindy xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Ronnie: Hope the cold is gone by now. nice to read of you being spanked for real, but a little sad that you do not tell P what you tell your readers about wishing he had spanked you when you first needed it.
bottoms up
Red